If your dream vacation revolves around various adventures and outdoor activities, and if you choose to visit the mesmerizing India, there is a place that you should definitely visit – Leh Ladakh. Situated to the north, once there, you will be able to see tall mountains, vast deserts, a wide range of Buddhist temples, as well as some of the most breathtaking views.
So, if you are planning on visiting this place, you are probably searching for things you can do once there, and some tips that can help you prepare for your journey as suggested by Trawell.in. Luckily for you, this article can help you. Let’s take a closer look at what you can do once in Leh Ladakh .”
6 Things You Should Do During Your Stay
Now, before taking a look at the things you can do, it is important to mention that the things below are only some of the hundreds you can choose from. Leh Ladakh offers so many activities and things to see that it would probably take a month to experience all of them. Hence, if you only have 7 to 10 days there, opt for:
1. Touring The Amazing Zanskar Valley
You should know that the mountain ranges of Zanskar will be your partner throughout your entire vacation – and sometimes, they might even feel intimidating. But, the amazing thing about it is that it is incredibly beautiful. The river sounds, the snow-capped peaks, make a perfect combination of echoes and beauty.
2. See The Mesmerizing Tso Moriri Lake
When you take a picture of this place, you might think that it is actually a painting – yes, it is that beautiful. The calm deep-blue color of the lake, the green lawns, the tall mountains will definitely make you relaxed. From all of the places mentioned in this article, this is the one that you should not forget to bring your camera with you.
3. If Rafting is Your Thing, Experience the Exciting Zanskar River
If you need to satisfy your love for adrenaline, Leh Ladakh is one of the best places for river rafting. In fact, the clear, rapid waters are considered the best place for rafting in India! Now, you should know that the waters are quite cold all year long, hence if you are a beginner, you might want to skip this destination.
4. Surprise Your Taste Buds With Amazing Local Food
You will be able to find multiple cuisines in this place, including Indian, Korean, Chinese, and Tibetan! Once there, do not miss out on trying some of the best meals such as Ngamphe (roasted bread made from barley), as well as Thukpa which is a delicious noodle soup. Some traditional beverages include various teas, coffee, and Chang.
5. See The “Anti-Gravity” Hill That Cannot Be Explained
The first thing that you should know is that the science behind this extraordinary thing is unknown and it has left famous scientists baffled. Now, if you leave your car at the bottom of the hill it will slowly – but surely – start moving toward the top. Magic tricks? Probably not, however, it is still an amazing thing to witness.
6. Go to a True Camel Safari
Do you want to see the vast desert on the back of a camel? Well, you can do that in Leh Ladakh! Now, these are no ordinary camels, they are Bactrian camels, meaning that they have two humps. That safari usually starts around 9 am and ends at 12. It is, perhaps, the most exotic thing you can do in India.
Basic Information About Leh Ladakh
There are some things that you should definitely remember about this place when planning your trip. These things include:
1. The Temperatures – when packing, ensure that you also pack some winter clothes, such as jumpers, jackets, socks, and boots. Although summer is comfortable, it can still get cold, especially if you want to hike or climb.
2. Passport And Visa – you will not need a permit, nor a visa to travel to Leh Ladakh. But, if you are an international tourist, you might need to fill in a registration form.
3. Inner-city Transportation – transportation is something that you will not have to worry about, especially since there are various taxi services. If you want to make a taxi reservation before you arrive, you can check out Leh-Ladakh-Taxi-Booking.
4. Altitude Sickness is a Thing There – one hindrance that you might come across is altitude sickness. This is why you should gradually gain altitude, instead of increasing it rapidly.
5. Bring Medicine – if you suffer from specific conditions or health problems, you should remember to take your medicine with you. Some of the medicine might not be available at Leh Ladakh, so, it is better to be safe than sorry.
6. It is a Safe Place – naturally, one of the things that you might be worried about is safety. But, fear not, it is incredibly safe to travel to this Indian city.
7. ATMs And Banks – another thing that you should remember is to bring your cash with you. There are not a lot of banks in this city, and the last ATM that you can see is on the Manali-Leh Highway. Hence, always have cash with you.
8. Always Have an ID With You – whether it is your license, passport, ID, or insurance, always have some forms of identity proof with you. You might be required to submit it at different checkpoints.
9. Summer is The Best – the summer vacation you will have there will be perfect. And, you should know that it starts in May and lasts all the way to September.
As you can see, there are various things that you can do and see while in this wonderful place. Besides some amazing nature and outdoor activities, do not miss out on trying the local food and beverages that will leave your taste buds craving for more. So, now that you know these things about Leh Ladakh, do not waste any more time, and start planning your vacation to this amazing place!