Cases involving accidents, personal injuries, and such can be pretty delicate and complex to deal with on your own. Especially when you can have an insurance company on the other side that can hire expert lawyers. It’s only natural for you to hire one on your own.
However, you shouldn’t go blindly into this. When you secure a meeting with accident lawyers, you should be prepared to get some information. And what better way to achieve that than asking all the questions that may interest you. What follows is a checklist of some of the most important questions you can ask your attorney.
19 questions to ask before hiring an accident attorney
- What are your fees?
- Do you have experience with handling personal injury cases like mine before a jury?
- What is the usual length of resolving a case like mine?
- What’s the worth of my lawsuit?
- What’s the role I have to perform in the case?
- Would I have to cover any other costs related to my case if I don’t win?
- How much do I get if I win?
- What portion of your time can you dedicate to my accident case?
- What’s the usual success rate if my case goes to trial?
- Will you handle my case personally or will someone else do it instead?
- Am I allowed to talk to other clients you previously did business with?
- Can I see any peer reviews?
- Can you explain the term ‘no fee if no recovery’ in detail?
- What are some of the usual types of cases you deal with daily?
- Are you a member of any legal organization that deals with representing cases like mine?
- How many of your cases are referred to you from fellow attorneys?
- Are you certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy?
- How long have you worked in this field?
- Do you have some other relevant experience like teaching at law educational courses and seminars?
What you’ll find out
There are common misconceptions about legal workers. For instance, they’re all members of reputable organizations, they deal with court cases every day, they do it forever, and so on. That’s not true for all lawyers.
That’s why the questions are carefully put together so that you get the most out of the individual. According to Budin Law Offices, the injury attorneys need to be open to meeting with you and answering and shedding light on your doubts.
An important note: You don’t have to ask all of these questions. You can find the answers to some very easily on the website or by doing research online.
Although there are many things you can find out about your case and the person handling it, try to stick to the important stuff for starters. In the end, you should be aware of everything you want to know about the attorney and the case.
Do you have any other questions?