In our opinion, beginners should begin with editing software that is affordable and simple to use. The basic video editing software comes with all the features that a user wants. Read more to get familiar with the video editing software that is available in the market.
Let us look at some of the video editing tips:
- To change yourself from a rookie to an expert, you need to focus on utilizing the keyboard. The editors that are at the expert level are likely to use shortcuts while practicing. The keyboard shortcut saves a lot of minutes and hours for the user.
- Invest in a new and fast computer for improving your video editing. Ensure that whatever PC or laptop you will purchase should have a minimum of 8 GB RAM. It is good to buy a processor and video card for your video editing software.
- Look for editing software as per your ability. Choose a basic video editing software if you are a novice. For doing advanced editing, search for the most advanced video editing platform.
- You need to be familiar with the industry-related terms to converse with clients and other video editors. The vital terms that you should know are Cutting on Action, Cutaways, J Cut, L Cut, Jump Cuts, etc.
- If you are editing a documentary movie, you should add more text apart from the title and credits. With the help of your editing platform, try to build showy graphics.
- Concentrate on the music as well. The music that you will add as per the scene will simply trigger the emotions of the viewers. Carrying out everything on your own can be a bit daunting; so, it’s good to have the support of a musical scorer.
The features that one needs in a video editor:
- Colour grading
- Motion Tracking
- Basic color correction
- Background replacement
- Audio crossfades
- Footage speed adjustments
- Easy montage maker
- Easy video joiner
Wondershare Filmora for an enhanced user experience
Filmora by wondershare is seen as one of the best and easy to use video editing software. If you are an amateur video creator/editor, then Filmora may be the most helpful alternative. It not only comes with the general video editing tools but has features that are enough to make your video more exclusive. Filmora suits both Windows and Mac. Also, it supports more than 50 formats, a Filmstock effects store, and 4K video. There are loads of video editors that are restricted to windows 10. On the other side, Filmora by Wondershare works flawlessly with windows 7, windows 8, windows 10, and Mac. You would be gaining a big bunch of spectacular features for free after downloading Filmora on your PC.
Filmstock that is obtainable on Filmora contains hundreds of high-quality free images and videos. If you want to eradicate the loud background noise, you can employ the audio feature to include your favorite music. This feature is there in both paid and free versions. This video editing software has an automatic interface intended for home users. The experts may not prefer this video editor. The home users can simply click, drag and drop. As the software is pretty uncomplicated, the user can find everything on the timeline itself.
Advance tools of the software
This amazing video editing has a variety of features and tools. It comes with both basic and advanced video editing tools. Few of its advanced editing tools include Faceoff, Freeze Frame, Mosaic, Tilt-Shift, etc. For utilizing the advanced editing tools, you would have to introduce media files to the Filmora media library. After that, you drag it to the video track, which is there on the timeline. The video power tool will get opened after you click on the “Effects” and then on “Utility”.
Filmora also contains an Action Cam tool intended to make merging footage shot on action cameras fast and straightforward. The trial version lets the user access all the features, but they have to pay some amount for the removal of the watermark.
Other video editing software for Mac
iMovie is perfect for beginners since it has all the basic features, and it is free. This software is also considered the Apple version of Windows Movie Maker. It is the best option for performing trouble-free video editing actions. Besides, it can use on an iPad or an iPhone.
iMovie supports 4K video editing, and it has stunning audio editing options as well. These audio editing options allow users to employ in-built sound effects, record voiceovers, and add music. The iMovie editor’s best thing is that it supports modern file formats, and it has an intuitive interface.
This video editing software is the utmost one on the list. A trial or free version of Lightworks is available, but it contains limited export options. The free and paid versions of Lightworks support various file formats, making it easier for the users who have recorded shots on different cameras. Other features of this video editing software include a VFX panel and royalty-free media. All the edited videos in the free version of Lightworks can be exported to an MPEG4 file format having the size of 1280 X 790 pixels. Such files should be uploaded directly from the video editor to YouTube.
This editing platform is ideal for semi-professionals. The users who have just begun may find the HitFilm Express interface hard to navigate. The platform comes with numerous editing tools along with audio and visual effects. These tools and effects are enough for heightening the video quality. HitFilm Express is special because of its unusual arrangement of video editing and VFX compositing. Also, its tracking options and motion design provide support for complicated video editing tasks.
The titling options of this editing software are the basic level. The free version of HitFilm Express does not offer more options for color adjustment. For exporting a specific video from the software, the user is required to share a link on a social media site and then download the file.