The msvcp140.dll is a Dynamic Link Library system file provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and all further versions. These dll files hold numerous information about various pieces of software that you may require to run a particular program correctly. However, if this dll file is lost from your PC and corrupts that prevents a specific application from operating correctly, it means your need to download dll files from Wiki Dll for Windows because you would immediately begin to get error messages on your screen, and you won’t be able to use that specific program.
Although there could be multiple reasons that may cause the msvcp140.dll errors yet, these causes may be the reason for malicious software, registry issues, or some faulty applications. Notwithstanding, these errors may indicate that the particular file is downloaded incorrectly, becomes corrupted, or removed from your PC.
Thus, if you see such errors on your system, there are numerous ways to repair these issues. Yet, if you are unaware of these solutions, you can simply go through the article to get rid of the msvcp140.dll error successfully.
4 Simple Methods to Download the MSVC140.DLL File
When the msvcp140.dll missing error arises, you don’t need to worry. Below are given four effective methods which help you solve these issues effortlessly. The mentioned solutions include both automatic and manual methods to install the msvcp140.dll files and keep them in the games or apps folder. Nevertheless, you will find each method is helpful to get rid of the msvcp140.dll missing error.
1. Download and Install msvcp140.dll File
- First of all, you need to download and install a dll file and run this application.
- Once you have launched the app, type msvcp140.dll in the search box.
- The search results will preview the msvcp140.dll file in front of you; click on that, and it will start installing.
- However, before installing the application, you need to register your program.
- For this, the option will automatically come in front of you; allow it.
- Now that the installation is completed go to the particular program or application and run it.
- If the program is operating correctly, it means the error has gotten fixed.
2. Download and Install msvcp140.dll File Manually
There are also many websites available online that are used to download the msvcp140.dll files manually. All you need to do is to search the file and download the most suitable dll file from one of the multiple sites.
However, it is essential to understand that you should only choose that site that is 100% safe to use. Since you will install the file to get rid of the error, you must avoid those websites that already contain malware and viruses that may damage your whole system.
Well, the download of the dll file is simple, but you need to follow the steps given below to install this file.
- Press Windows+PauseBreak to check the computer system of your PC.
- Now, check your dll downloads. Yet, if your computer system is 32-bit, copy the msvcr120.dll file for the 32-bit Windows(C) folder.
- However, if your system is a 64-bit computer, then copy and paste msvcp140.dll to the 64-bit Windows(C) folder.
- This step is significant that needs your attention because you need to make sure that you have installed the right dll file.
- Then, press Windows+R to run the file.
- Type regsvr32 msvcp140.dll and press enter.
- The file will start running. If it doesn’t, restart the computer and check it out.
3. Reinstall the Program
Though if you believe that the dll file is not lost from your PC, yet it shows some corruption in a particular program, there is an option to reinstall or upgrade the file. To reinstall the corrupted application, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows+R simultaneously, and a dialog box will come on the screen.
- In this dialog box, type appwiz. CPL before pressing enter.
- Now press the enter key, and a list of programs will be previewed in front of you.
- Identify that all programs are already installed on your computer.
- Now, right-click on the program that is showing the error and uninstall the application.
- When you click to uninstall, the PC will ask you to confirm, allow it.
- Restart your system and install the program again that you have deleted.
Note: try to install the application from a trustworthy website so that a correct version of the application is installed and it does not show an error again.
- Once the program is installed again, restart the PC and run the program.
4. Copy msvcp140.dll File from Another PC
If you still encounter the error yet you don’t know how to install the msvcp140.dll program, you can copy this file from another computer.
- Firstly, find a computer that holds the same windows version as your computer.
- For instance, if you have a Windows 10 PC, try to copy the file from a computer with Windows 10. It is crucial because of some system similarities between the two systems.
- Now on another computer, press Windows+E, and file explorer will be open. Navigate Window(C) to copy msvcp140.dll from there.
- Copy this file. You would require an external storage device for pasting the file.
- Now take out the flash drive before pasting it on your PC.
- Then transfer the msvcp140.dll file from one computer to yours.
- Launch the program and run.
Msvcp140.dll is a standard error, but there are great solutions to eliminate this error. Usually, the best option is to download the file again to your PC because there is a great chance to eradicate the error once it is updated. Notwithstanding, if you are unable to download and install the file, there are different methods that can be executed so that you don’t reencounter the msvcp140.dll missing error. Yet, if you feel that the error is still occurring on your PC, feel free to contact our experts to get the most precise results.