Human hair toppers for women are a practical and functional solution to hair loss and thinning hair. These revolutionary beauty enhancers have worked like magic on several women to boost their confidence along with the volume, density, and length of their natural hair.
Hair toppers are versatile women’s hairpieces that are easy for daily wear. They can be added to the top of your hair in seconds to give full coverage and a seamless blend with your existing hair.
Here are some human hair topper hacks to help women instantly achieve an effortlessly glam look without compromising comfort or convenience. Whether you’re a hair topper novice or a seasoned user, these hacks will help you enhance your hair topper experience and feel even more beautiful:
1. Choosing A Hair Topper That Suits Your Hair Loss Needs
When selecting a women’s hair topper, several factors come into play when you want it to match your natural hair perfectly:
- Hair loss area ─ choose a hair topper with a base size that matches your level of hair loss. If you just need a small bald patch to be covered, you can choose a mini hair topper instead of the regular size ones. For larger balding areas, you can get a flexible-sized base that can be cut down to match your thinning hair area. Wearing a bigger or small hair topper will look unnatural and slip off easily. Use this hack to save yourself from embarrassing situations.
- Base type ─ women’s hair toppers for thinning hair come in various bases, such as lace front hair toppers, monofilament base hair toppers, etc. So, choosing yours will come down to deciding between a natural-looking poly skin base hair topper, a breathable lace hair topper, a durable mono hair topper, or a mixed-based hair topper for comfortable, secure wear.
- Hair texture ─ Always choose human hair toppers for women. This is one of the most essential hair topper hacks of all time. They blend exceptionally well with your bio hair and can be easily styled. High-quality hair toppers feel silky and smooth for an elegant look and feel.
2. Customizing Your Hair Topper
To make your hair topper look even more natural and personalized, consider customizing it to suit your preferences. You can have a professional hair stylist trim, cut, or style the topper to blend perfectly with your hair length and style. Adding layers and shaping the human hair topper according to your face shape will create a more harmonious, concealed, and natural look. Without this hack, you may have a mismatched hair topper that doesn’t make the cut.
One important hack regarding hair color is to opt for a topper that matches your natural hair color and texture to achieve a seamless blend. Hair toppers come in a wide range of colors, so you will find a color that matches your hair. If you don’t, then you can always opt for a shade lighter or darker than your natural hair and color your own hair to suit the topper, never the other way round, as coloring your hair unit can damage it to quite an extent. However, if you want to color your hair topper, using a hairpiece-friendly hair color is best.
Additionally, you can choose hair toppers with the root color matching your natural hair for a more precise appearance. As a hack, you can use eye shadow to create a rooted hair appearance or to enhance the root color for a seamless blend.
3. Concealing & Aligning your hair topper
This tactic hair topper hack requires some practice but gets better with time. For a perfectly natural look, use a hair topper that comes with a hair parting. Align this parting line with your natural hair parting, attaching the women’s hair topper slightly behind your front hairline while leaving some hair strands out for a concealed blend. Then back brush your natural hair and the human hair topper for a fluffed, realistic appearance.
Androgenic alopecia patients, too, can easily use a hair topper as they do not generally experience a receding hairline and still have some hair in front to blend with their topper.
They can use hairpiece tape or wig glue instead of only clips, as there might not be enough hair for the clips to hold onto.
Go one step ahead and use a silicon melting tape wherever needed on the base to fully conceal the grid lines on your hair topper. This will be good enough, but if you want to be even more accurate, you can use concealer or face powder on the parting line to mimic your skin color so that even if someone is close to you, they will never know that you are using a non-surgical hair replacement system.
4. Enhancing Security
Hair toppers generally come with clips or combs that can be easily attached to your existing hair. But using this hack will ensure a more secure attachment. You can use double-sided tape, adhesive strips, or glue designed explicitly for hairpieces to explore different attachment methods to find what works best for you and provides the desired level of security.
5. Boosting Volume and Coverage
Hair toppers are excellent for adding volume and coverage to the crown of your head. To achieve a fuller, well-concealed look, tease the hair at the top by back brushing a few times before attaching the topper. This creates a great base to attach the topper for better hold and security.
Styling products such as texturizing sprays or dry shampoos can add grip and texture, helping your hair and the topper blend seamlessly.
6. Getting Trendy Hair Colors
Hair color trends are constantly changing, but the ombre style has lasted quite long now. Opt for ombre hair toppers instead of putting your hair through irreversible chemical damage to get the ombre look. This will get you the desired trendy appearance minus the hair damage. It’s a win-win situation!
7. Seamless Integration
Use easy-integration hair toppers for women to achieve a flawless blend between your natural hair and the topper. These hair toppers allow you to pull your natural hair through to blend well with the hair topper, creating an invisible blend.
Hair toppers offer a remarkable solution for women experiencing hair loss or thinning. Following these hair topper hacks can enhance your appearance, boost your confidence, and embrace your natural beauty.