Instant Pot soups are super easy to make and delicious. It does not require a lot of work and knowledge to use it. It is a pretty straight forward and simple kitchen gadget that can be used by pretty much anyone. You basically prepare the ingredients and dump them in the pot. The pressure cooker does the rest.
Also, this gadget is quite affordable, and its benefits are enormous. Firstly, you can cook pretty much anything in it, starting from frozen meats all the way to desserts. Also, it cooks meals in a fraction of the time. Most of my Instant Pot recipes are quick and require no more than 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish. It is a great kitchen tool to have especially for busy families and even novice chefs.
In this post, I will share with you 3 of my most favorite Instant Pot healthy soups that you can make during the week. They are all practical and super easy to prepare. In addition, these soups can be enjoyed pretty much during any time of the year. So, give them a try, and include them in your next rotational meal!
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is a multi-functional electric cooker. It has plenty of functions such as that of a slow cooker, steamer, rice cooker, and yogurt cooker.
The main benefit of the Instant Pot is that meals cooked in it are cooked under HIGH pressure. This reduces the cooking time drastically, which means that you are rewarded with a quick and delicious meal.
Why cook meals in the Instant Pot?
There are plenty of reasons cooking in the Instant Pot:
- It is quick and easy to use – you simply prepare the ingredients and dump them in the pot. Then, set the time and cook under high pressure. Nothing more is required.
- It is affordable– Unlike other kitchen gadgets, this one is quite affordable and costs around $50 up to $120. Therefore, you do not need to spend a fortune on it
- Perfect for busy families – Since meals are cooked under high pressure, it means most of the recipes are ready in 30 minutes or less. This is ideal for busy families.
- Results in tasty meals – Another benefit of the Instant Pot is that it cooks meals perfectly. For example, you can cook frozen meats in the Instant Pot. The meat is super tender and juicy. Also, the best way to cook rice is in the Instant Pot. It is always fluffy and perfectly cooked.
What can I cook in the Instant Pot?
As stated above you can cook pretty much anything in it. Some of the most popular things to cook in it are:
- Soups or Ramen
3 Easy and delicious Instant Pot soups:
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
This soup is hearty and rich in flavors. If you are looking for authentic Mexican flavors in a soup, this dish is the perfect one to try.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup?
For the exact recipe steps, please visit my site by clicking on this link. But the general steps are the following:
Pressure-cook the ingredients: Once you have the ingredients ready, place them in the pot, except for the cilantro. Then, close the lid, and cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes, following by Natural Pressure Release.
Shred the chicken: After the meat is cooked, shred the chicken using two forks. Then, put it back and stir together with the soup.
Garnish and serve: I love to garnish it with freshly chopped cilantro and tortilla chips and serve it warm.
Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
This soup is super delicious and equally healthy. The perfect comfort food to enjoy with friends and family!
How to make Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup?
Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup is probably my favorite soup of all time! It is truly rich and flavorful. To make it, follow these steps:
First, cook the bacon. Or, to save time, go with pre-cooked bacon.
Brown the beef for a few minutes on each side. This is an important step as it will add extra flavor. You can also skip the beef altogether, and make it vegetarian. Instead, feel free to add some beans.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, including the broth.
Close the lid, cook on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes, followed by natural pressure release.
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
This is a super healthy soup and full of vitamins and nutrients. Also, it is perfect to serve during any season, and super easy to prepare.
How to make Instant Pot Minestrone Soup?
You can find the full recipe with a video tutorial of Instant Pot Minestrone Soup here. The cooking steps are the following:
- Using the sauté function of the Instant Pot, sauté the vegetables first until slightly softened.
- Then, add the herbs and stir well.
- Add diced tomatoes, along with pasta and red beans, black beans and cut green beans. Also, stir to combine.
- Next, pour in the broth, and add spinach and bay leaves.
- Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Open and remove and discard bay leaves.
- Stir, taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh, chopped parsley.
A little bit about me…
My name is Catalina Castravet, I am a professional chef and food blogger who is always on the lookouts for tasty and delicious recipes. Over the past 10 years, my team and I have created well over one thousand recipes, starting from quick breakfasts, to delicious dinner meals. All the recipes are shared for free with our beloved followers and readers.