Quality sleep is vital for your health, as it directly affects both mental and physical ability. It controls everything like when you are waking up, productivity level, emotional balance, brain health, heart health, immunity system, creativity level, vitality, and even weight. To get a night of good rest it is imperative to have a comfortable atmosphere and a comfortable mattress. The market is currently flooded with various quality mattresses online and offline, and among all, you have to choose the best one for yourself. Well, Flo Mattress is now considered as one of the best mattresses that are currently available in India.
Flo mattress is one of the best full foam mattresses that are fabricated to circulate air that is designed to respond accurately to pressure. The higher the pressure your body exerts on the mattress, the more it supports your body. The foam used in the mattress is usually blended with white gel microcapsules that very efficiently absorbs body heat and then releases it via 3D airflow technology. The best part is that this mattress comes with a zippered, high-quality cashmere fabric cover that has an aloe vera gel making your skin look fresh and hydrated. The company has offered two variants of this mattress; one is an Ergo one, which is a softer version, and provides ergonomic support, whereas the other one is the ortho one, which is ideal for providing support to people suffering from certain orthopedic conditions. The best part is you can buy Flo Mattress online involving a complete hassle-free procedure.
How many hours of sleep is appropriate?
According to the report established by the National Institute of Health, it is said that an adult needs seven hours of nap per night. But in reality, anyone getting to rest six to seven hours may end up suffering from chronic sleep deprivation. So, there is a contrast between the amount of sleep you can get and the amount of sleep you need to work correctly. It has mostly been seen that a person who gets eight to nine hours of rest feels a lot better mentally and physically.
However, the truth is nap requirement varies from person to person. But on average, most of the adults require seven to nine hours of sound rest to feel best, and children and teenagers need even more rest. As people, age napping quantity keeps decreasing. Still, most of the older people require about 7 hours of rest at night. But most of the aged people face trouble in getting quality rest at night. In that case, daytime naps can be beneficial to overcome sleep deficiency.
The best way to find out what is best for you is by assessing things by yourself. Evaluate your feelings as the day begins and slowly passes by. If you have got enough rest, then there are high chances that you feel energetic all day long.
Sleep time Recommendations
|Age||Hours required (hours)||May be appropriate (hours)|
|Newborn baby to 3 months||14 to 17||11 to 19|
|4 to 11-month||12 to 15||10 to 18|
|1 to 2 years||11 to 14||9 to 16|
|3 to 5 years||10 to 13||8 to 14|
|6 to 13 years||9 to 11||7 to 12|
|14 to 17 years||8 to 10||7 to 11|
|18 to 25 (younger adults)||7 to 9||6 to 11|
|26 to 64 (adults)||7 to 9||6 to 10|
|Older people||7 to 8||5 to 9|
Why is deep sleep so essential?
It is not just about the hours of rest you are having, but it is also about the quality of nap you are having in these hours. It may happen that you are having plenty of time of rest but still having trouble waking up, and then there are chances that you are having a low quality of sleep.
According to MidNite here are different stages of the nap, and if you do not spend enough time in various stages of sleep, then you might feel grumpy when waking up. Following are the different stages of sleep:
- Stage1- You are slowly falling asleep. Stage 1 is lightest NREM sleep that does not last very long. Most of the people feel relaxed and start dreaming in this phase.
- Stage 2- Stage 2 is an extension of step 1 where you are still slightly dozing off and drifting towards stage 3. You start feeling very relaxed in this phase as your heartbeat and breathing slow down gradually, muscles start relaxing, body temperature decreases, and the brain becomes less active.
- Stage 3 and 4- Stage 3 and step 4 is the most in-depth sleep phase. Heartbeat, breathing capacity, muscle functioning, and brain waves reach to the lowest level. Your body is most likely to feel extremely relaxed. Stage 4 is also famous as the healing phase, where the tissue grows and repairs. Some crucial hormones are released, and some right amount of energy is restored.
- REM- The REM cycle begins after 90 minutes of falling asleep, which is stage 5. In the last phase, you may dream even though you may feel temporarily paralyzed in this phase. Most of the people, in this phase, move around their eyelids swiftly, and the brain becomes active, the breathing rate, heart rate, and blood pressure rate starts rising gradually.
How to ensure quality sleep at night?
If you want the right amount of sleep at night, you have to make sure that your bedroom’s environment is comfortable. It would help if you let your brain relax, but you cannot force your mind into a deep slumber. But here are some strategies that can help you get a fair amount of deep and peaceful sleep
- Before you reach the bed, leave out all the stress outside your bedroom
- Fix a permanent sleeping schedule
- If you are sensitive to light, then you may choose using an eye mask to block out light
- Ensure the room temperature is cool
- Never skip exercise sessions
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and consume healthy food
However, the quality and quantity of rest may vary highly from person to person. Scientists have found that adults get one to two hours of solid rest approximately within 8 hours of total nap time. There are numerous ways to track your napping pattern, but if you find you are consistently waking up tired regularly, then you must consult with a doctor for the best advice.