As the sphere of e-commerce continues to progress, businesses are seeking ways to influence their online presence and stay competitive. One of the most prominent strategies today is connecting Shopify and Amazon stores.
By combining the two platforms, businesses can reach a larger pool of potential shoppers and boost revenues. Amazon helps generate organic traffic without needing much marketing expertise. At the same time, Shopify’s intuitive interface lets you begin selling quickly.
Read on and find out what you’ll need for an accomplished setup of this integration and how to link Shopify with Amazon in five clear steps.
Requirements to connect Shopify store with Amazon
Before you associate Shopify profile with Amazon, make sure to fulfill the following requirements:
- Set up a Shopify store. If you don’t have one yet, start off by signing up on the Shopify website. To get your store ready to launch, you’ll need to customize it, upload your inventory, and configure shipping and payment options.
- Register an Amazon seller profile. Go to sell.amazon.com and get yourself a selling account. Just remember to opt for a Pro account instead of a Personal one since it will be more cost-effective in the long run.
- Сarry out market analysis. Once you get into a new channel, research which items are worth listing and at what prices. Visit the Amazon Best Sellers page of the marketplace you wish to sell on to determine the most profitable merchandise.
- Inspect your products. Some product categories are forbidden to list on Amazon, while others require approval. Take your time to study these lists and ask for permission from Amazon if necessary.
- Put product SKUs and barcodes in order. For seamless integration, ensure that the SKUs, UPCs, etc., of Shopify/Amazon listings, are consistent. Handling inventory will be a much more complex task if your product identifiers don’t match.
Linking Shopify store with Amazon
You can establish a connection between Shopify and Amazon accounts in three ways:
- Directly via the Shopify application
- Transfer inventory from one platform to another manually
- Use an external integration solution
The first two options require plenty of manual work, while the latter is mostly automatic. Rather than devoting time and energy to configure the integration yourself, use M2E Cloud. This app helps you link and synchronize your Shopify catalog with Amazon quickly and without cost https://m2ecloud.com/shopify-integration.html.
All you have to do is associate your Amazon account with the Shopify catalog, and M2E Cloud will take care of the rest. The app arranges an automated process to keep the stock and orders on both platforms up-to-date.
Let’s go over the steps on how to link Shopify with Amazon using M2E Cloud. We’ll guide you through the setup process, show you how to synchronize items, and create Amazon listings.
Step 1. Create an account
Register by providing your info, verifying your email address, and setting up a password.
Step 2. Get Amazon and Shopify connected
Link your Amazon profile and connect to the Shopify catalog. It will take no longer than three minutes. Then M2E Cloud will automatically import inventory from both platforms.