Marketing is vital to the success of any small business. If you want your business to grow and achieve your desired profits, you must employ the right marketing strategies. Below are tips to boost your marketing success.
Have a Well-Written Business Plan
According to Growthink Reviews, a well-developed business plan is a key to achieving marketing success. It boosts your marketing process in the following ways:
- It helps identify your target market and the value you are creating with your products or services
- It enables you to identify your competitors and their popularity or lack of it among customers
- It allows you to identify key marketing areas that you have not explored yet. For example, if your target audience enjoys podcasts and your competitors are not using this medium, offering a podcast could significantly grow your brand and sales. By identifying new promotional channels, you’ll not only position and promote your brand better but also increase your customer base faster.
- It helps you revise and retune your marketing channels, strategies, and messages, to suit your target audience better.
- It enables you to clearly define the outcomes and deadlines for your marketing strategies.
Build or Improve Your Website
Your website is the first place most prospective customers will visit to know more about your company, products, and services. Without a website, you will be losing valuable marketing opportunities.
For the best marketing results, ensure that your website is optimized for search engines. Some basic elements that make your website search-engine-friendly are a simple design, clear information, easy visibility of key details such as contact information, and customer testimonials.
Invest in SEO or Search Engine Optimization to make your website completely search engine-friendly.
Build your Network
There are few marketing tools as valuable as a good network. With good networking, you can discover mentors and good partnerships.
For example, you may come across a complementary business through your network. You could partner with the business to boost each other’s brand and product sales. For example, if you are a fashion apparel brand, you could collaborate with a footwear brand and offer coupons for their products and vice versa. Similarly, you could earn valuable news coverage by networking with your local media.
While emails and phones are good ways to communicate, networking in person is always the best.
Solidify your Presence on Social Media
Social media is one of the best and cheapest ways to reach your customers faster. So, whether you like it or not, you can always use the platform to your advantage. There are also paid methods such as featured ads to get people to notice your brand even faster.
Some powerful social media marketing strategies include:
- Engaging with customers with good informative posts and content
- Offering coupon codes on your business pages
- Conducting contests
- Uploading product or behind-the-scenes company photos
- Posting updates about your product or service
- Uploading fun and educative videos on topics of interest to your target audience
Do Not Forget Your Existing Customers
You can turn your existing customers into loyal customers with effective marketing. Stay in touch with them constantly through exclusive newsletters. Include them in your marketing strategies by offering them referral discounts or free products and services. Keep them notified about interesting products and services. Inform them first about any developments in your company, or any updates on your products and services.
Small businesses need to have a concrete marketing process in place for success. Start with a well-written plan success can be yours.
Manage & Improve Your Business’ Reputation Online
Regardless of the size of your business, online reputation management is critical. This is obviously because the number of internet users has drastically increased, which means the online perception of your brand has greater potential to affect your company’s growth. If you want to reach a large audience of prospective customers and build credibility, it is necessary for you to pay attention to your online reputation.
To effectively manage your online reputation, here are some tips you can consider:
- Monitor your business online – How is the response of the online community towards your brand? Check the comments often and get to know the perception of the internet community. If there are any negative comments, take immediate measures to get things back on track; never let your brand reputation take a hit. Instead of ignoring negative comments, come up with a dynamic solution. When you cater to consumer concerns, you will be looked upon as being a serious player and trustworthy in the industry.
- Get active on social media – Remember, you are doing business in the social media era. Choose the right social media platforms and use every single opportunity to relate to your target market. Use the right tone, be honest and let your potential customers know the benefits of choosing your brand. You can also check out customer reviews, thank those that support your brand and address the concerns of those who are not happy. Be sure to respond to questions, comments, and posts as quickly as possible. A delay could prove costly and damage your online reputation.
- Create quality content – Quality content does not always mean creating sales copy. In fact, people hate sales talk. Rather, be transparent, engage in positive conversations with your target audience, and generate interesting and attractive content that can motivate the readers. Quality content also boosts your search engine ranking and creates brand awareness, which in turn enhances your reputation online. Business content should relate to consumer needs and clearly present the benefits that come with the product/service.
- Encourage reviews – Encourage your customers to share their reviews online. Feedback is valuable and significant for any kind of business since it allows you to learn exactly what people think about your brand. Moreover, people tend to believe online reviews and you will be judged based on comments posted by your customers. Request that your loyal customers post positive reviews on your website and social media pages.
- Take criticism in a positive stride – If you see any complaints, personally address them and take necessary measures immediately. Never argue with your customers; instead, try to solve their issues and display your concern for customer satisfaction. Be open to customer opinions and suggestions and try to incorporate them into your business strategies. When you show accountability and passion to make your customers happy, people develop loyalty towards your brand. The greater your online presence and the more online conversations you have, the better reputation you can build.
Face your audience promptly, accept feedback and tackle complaints intelligently. Understand that you cannot escape from criticism but and can learn to deal with it, without damaging your status. Your online presence, handling of customer complaints and modification of strategies in accordance with customer expectations go a long way in taking your business to new heights.
Follow the five tips included above and watch your small business grow!