PDF files, or Portable Document Format, are often used in both professional and academic environments. One of the most important tools in your software toolkit seems to be an application that can handle working with these files quickly and effectively as these are commonly used and you will be seeing those quite often.
In case you’re a Mac user who needs to edit a PDF, you have several choices. There are both cost-free and premium options available. Some of them may better meet your requirements since they provide more advanced features. So, let’s take a look at the 5 best PDF editor for macOS.
Top 5 Best PDF Editor for macOS in 2023
1. UPDF for Mac
UPDF is first on our list of best PDF editors for Mac in 2023. It is the most reliable, secure, user-friendly and freemium PDF editor that one can have. The most intriguing aspect of UPDF is its compatibility across multiple platforms. It is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. Currently, the macOS version of UPDF has the most advanced features and is considered as one of the best editor apps for Mac.
The most basic features of UPDF are reading and editing of PDF documents. However, it has a lot of other features as well. Let’s take a brief look at each of these features:
- Professionally Edit PDF Text and Images: The UPDF editing feature is highly advanced and effective. It not only allows you to edit the text, but it also allows you to edit the images in your files. You can add, delete, and change the text of files.
- Read PDF Document: UPDF is not like any other reader. The user interface of UPDF is sleek and user-friendly. It offers you four different reading modes, so you can read in any mode. Moreover, you can also organize the pages of your files.
- Effectively Annotate PDF: Everyone knows the importance of annotation when it comes to files. UPDF allows you to annotate your files using different features. It allows you to add comments, stickers, and different shapes. Moreover, you can also highlight and underline the text of your files.
- Convert PDF Files to Multiple Formats: Not every PDF editor has a converting feature. UPDF offers a fast and effective converting feature with an OCR function so that you can easily convert your PDF files into other formats like Word, Excel, Text, Image, and many more.
- Password-Protect Your PDF Files: Since UPDF is a completely offline software program, so the security and privacy of your documents are its first priority. It allows you to password-protect your PDF documents.
- Sign and Share PDFs: In this digital world, signing PDF is so common. UPDF allows you to sign your documents electronically. You can also share your signed PDF with your friends or coworkers using a link or as an attachment by email.
PDFs, forms, digital signatures, and comments may all be edited in great detail using Nitro PDF. Plus, optical character recognition (OCR) is built in, allowing paper documents to be scanned and converted into fully editable files. This function greatly reduces the time needed to complete the work and get a fully editable document.
- A layout similar to Microsoft Office’s ribbon
- Faster PDF document conversion
- Multi-platform support
- All editing features
- Expensive plans
- Not much effective
3. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor is a complete program that makes creating and managing documents easier. The software is available in both personal and business variants; both include free demo trials and may be purchased either permanently or on a subscription basis making it good option if you need to test it out before the final decision.
- Make changes to already fillable PDFs and forms.
- Convert your paper files into digital ones that can be edited and viewed.
- Use cloud storage to share documents.
- Check up on document revisions and alert viewers when updates are made.
- No free version
- Not user-friendly
The Mac Preview software has built-in capability for reading and editing documents. The capabilities for modifying a PDF file are restricted to the ability to fill out forms, annotate, or sign a file that was originally created by another software.
- Read and store files.
- PDFs may be annotated in several ways, such as highlighting and underlining.
- Add comments to documents.
- Password-protect sensitive files.
- Only compatible with macOS
- No conversion feature
5. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a versatile program that allows you to view, edit, and annotate documents. Simply by clicking a few buttons, users can add their own electronic signatures to pre-filled PDF forms and contracts.
- Files in PDF format may be moved without difficulty between your iOS devices and Mac.
- A straightforward layout that allows even beginners to the app’s features to use them with ease.
- Combine many files into a single portable document format (PDF) file.
- You may choose which pages to export into a new file.
- Only compatible with macOS and iOS
- Paid premium features
So, it was all about the 5 best PDF editors for macOS in 2023. We have reviewed each PDF editor with its features and limitations. Since not all of those offer trial period you might not be able to test each software on the list, but hopefully, this short analysis will help you make a good choice.