Has it ever happened to you that you’re watching a video and suddenly those bubble popping games showing up? You can’t help but get involved in the game and watch the whole ad till the end. They are too addictive, and no one can say no to those pretty colors. Apart from that, there are people all around the world that are making careers out of gaming. Esports are all the rage now. Companies have an entire R & D section reserved for understanding all the new trends. This guide can help you answer some of the questions that might come to your mind.
Why are online games so popular?
Let’s begin with a common question that resonates with the parents and generations before them. Why is this kid always playing video games instead of going outside in the real world? Check bubbleshooter.net and find out why they are so popular among children.
First of all, in the middle of an ongoing pandemic, it’s actually safe if they are staying inside. The other reasons that could contribute to the sudden rise of online gaming are listed below:
- Accessing them is a piece of cake.
- The plethora of choices can blow your mind away.
- It suits the needs of amateurs or professionals.
- Most games are free of cost or charge a minimal amount.
- You can interact and play games with some sitting a thousand miles away without leaving your seat.
Safety is always first priority
Now, as a gamer, you have to keep in mind that not everything you see online is true. Even though the internet and its potential threats are not something new, people can still fall prey to them. The criminals are getting creative as the rules and algorithms are becoming stricter. In most cases, it is noticed that people are often betrayed by their most trusted companions. Your personal details like account number, credit cards, and address are to be protected and concealed no matter what.
Here are some steps that you can follow to enjoy your favorite games while maintaining your safety:
- Cheat codes can be tempting to use but remember that most of these sites are illegal for some reason. They can contain malware that can damage your computer beyond repair.
- Never download any updates from any unknown sites.
- Try not to register your email address on any unknown web pages.
- Avoid putting your real name and date of birth or any other important details.
- Strong passwords can give you an edge to protect your accounts. Additionally, have different passwords for every account.
- If you’re planning to give away your console, remember to wipe off all your personal details.
- Make sure that your PC is equipped with proper antivirus software and update them from time to time.
- What happens in the gaming world should stay there. Never agree to meet anyone.
- It’s alright if people are competitive but report any situation of bullying or abuse.
- Don’t pay heed to any virus VPN alerts until and unless it’s from a trusted source.
- It is advisable to keep your parents involved in your activities.
The benefits of playing online games
Contrary to popular belief, online games can be good for your kids in some way or another. Provided you’re taking all the precautions and managing the screen time.
The possible advantages could be:
- Young children can easily develop complex learning skills.
- Games are said to be a great source to teach concentration to kids.
- They can also enhance memory.
- Multi-tasking skills can be learned as well.
- Children can begin building their careers at an early stage.
- Games can be an instant way to boost confidence.
- Adapting social skills is an added bonus.
- Kids can better understand and respect different cultures and viewpoints.
- Some games are made in a way that promotes some form of physical activity.
- Kids are better able to convey their fears and nightmares.
- Experiencing something new every day can do wonders to a child’s imagination.
- Children are nudged toward deeper thinking, inculcating a feeling of compassion towards others.
The basic setup required for playing games
This totally depends on your preferred kind of medium to play games. No hard and fast rule dictates the gaming world. Some people like mobile games on the go, while others incline hardcore gaming setup. Plan a budget first, seek information from the net, and then make a sound decision based on your abilities.
You can also DIY your PC gaming setup. The basic tools that you require to do the same:
- Graphics card
- Power supply unit
- PC case
Once you have all the parts, it’s time to assemble them together. You can find various videos on youtube by experts who will walk you through the entire process. However, the parts need to be compatible in order to work with each other.
How to hone your gaming skills as a newbie?
Many games give you an option to compete with people globally. Winning these games has various perks like a huge cash amount, free games or setup, and membership discounts. However, you can’t get down to business without training. It works like any other skill you want to add to your life. Don’t try to cheat your way through any tournament, as the gaming companies have special software to catch such people. You would be immediately removed from participating, and along with that, you would be blacklisted from other competitions too.
Some ways that can give you power over your opponent could be:
- Wear headphones.
- Lower the volume and brighten up the screen.
- Customize your controls to better suit your style.
- Invest in a comfortable controller.
- Learn from the mistakes of other players.
- Watch video streams of professionals.
- Try out your current level of skills with people that have a higher level.
- Squeeze a tennis ball to gain better muscle control.
- Thumb opposition can provide you with greater dexterity.
- Don’t forget to stretch your fingers and wrist to avoid getting cramps mid-game.
- Get in the right zone. Avoid distractions.
- Consuming alcohol, sugar, or caffeine while playing is not a good idea.
- Do exercises that promote eye-hand coordination.