If you wish to maintain your youthful skin for a little longer, then having Skinboosters treatment is probably your best bet. These treatments work by stimulating new collagen production, repairing and plumping your skin without interfering with any muscle movements on the treated area.
Benefits of Skinboosters
Brighter and radiant skin
- Smoother skin
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved skin hydration
- Improved acne scars, including depressed acne scars
- Brighten dark eye circles
Is Skinboosters Treatment Safe?
Skinboosters are primarily popular because they’re non-invasive. They’re also recommendable for all age groups and come with minimal downtime.
According to Artisan Clinic, skin boosters are safe and can be used to create tissue hydration on different parts of the body. Depending on your preferences, you can go for Skinboosters treatment in Singapore to improve your skin’s physical appeal on areas like the hands, neck, chest, or even the face without affecting your face’s contour.
If you’re wondering whether they’re worth it, here are a few reasons why you may prefer skinboosters to conventional skin treatment options.
For skin booster treatments, your dermatologist will put anti-aging ingredients like hyaluronic acid right in the dermis layer where they’re most effective. This would then stimulate collagen and elastin production to plump and hydrate the treated area from within. This gives you a complete skin restoration that’s hard to achieve with other conventional anti-aging products.
They’re designed to Last Long
If you’ve tried several skin treatments with no success, skin boosters are an ideal option to try. The results of this treatment can last for up to 12 months.
This means that you won’t have to worry about constant treatments to add definition to your skin. Depending on your preferences, you may only need one maintenance treatment each month for around 6 months to maintain the quality hydration that comes with this treatment.
The Results are Almost Immediate
There are some results that you may see almost immediately after your treatment; most patients report that they notice radiancy on their skin immediately after treatment. You will gradually notice an increasing glow on your skin as the pores and wrinkles diminish; this will take around 1-2 weeks. However, to experience the full effect of the treatment, you may need to wait for a maximum of three months.
The downtime is minimal
The expected downtime or recovery period for Skinboosters is about 2 days with slight bumps. If your doctor uses an injector device, the downtime may be longer as needle punctures and pressure from the device carry more force and may result in bruising.
What should you not do After Skin Booster Treatment?
You should be able to continue with your regular activities after getting the treatment. However, there are a few things you may need to keep off to avoid risks of bruising and other side effects after the treatment.
If you plan to do anything that you suspect could affect the treatment’s efficacy, be sure to ask your dermatologist to guide you on what’s appropriate. Here’s a quick breakdown of some of the things to avoid after your treatment.
- If you take alcohol, it is prudent that you avoid alcohol for use for at least 24 hours after your treatment. You will also need to avoid vitamin E at least one day before the procedure. Alcohol and foods that are rich in Vitamin E may cause blood thinning. Consuming these foods can increase your risks of bruising after treatment.
- It is also advisable to keep off other cosmetic treatments like waxing, peels, or lasers for at least 24 after the treatment. These other cosmetic treatments may also increase the risks of bruising and expose you to infections.
- You will also need to keep off makeup after the treatment for at least one day. If you will have to wear makeup, use mineral makeup, and be sure to apply it with a clean brush to limit your risks of possible infection and scarring.
- It is also prudent that you avoid sun exposure. Ideally, you’ll need to avoid sun exposure until all the side effects that may have come with the procedure, like reddening and swelling, have subsided. This is because; the treatment weakens your skin’s defenses against UV rays. As a basic rule of thumb, it would be better to use a sunscreen with at least SPF 50 when exposed to the sun.
- You should also avoid swimming, steam baths, and strenuous exercises if possible for a minimum of 24 hours after your treatment. These activities may also increase the risks of getting an infection after treatment.
Finally, when preparing for the treatment, it is advisable that you also avoid supplements or medications that may cause blood thinning at least 14 days before your treatment. You will also need to avoid topical retinol creams for 5 days before your treatment.
Who can have Skinboosters/Who Can’t?
Skin booster treatments are appropriate for people of all ages. However, if you’re below 18 years, you may have to come with an adult to be cleared for the procedure.
This procedure may, however, not be recommended for you if;
- You have permanent fillers or permanent fillers on the area to be treated.
- Your body is sensitive to the mesotherapy ingredients that your doctor will use and hyaluronic acid.
- You have an infection or currently taking antibiotics
- You are pregnant
How is Skinboosters different from other filler treatments?
Fillers typically exert mechanical effects by filling up volume deficiencies and lift the skin. Skinboosters work via biochemical properties. They reintroduce hyaluronic acid into the skin, which absorbs water 200 times its weight and brings about profound hydration to the skin. With this improved hydration, the skin looks plumper and a lot more youthful. At the same time, they also stimulate collagen production, which carries anti-aging effects.
Skin booster treatments in Singapore can help you add definition to your face. They’re worth it, but you’ll need to follow your dermatologist’s guidelines to the latter to get the best from the treatments. If you’re interested in Skinboosters, send us an email or call us to schedule an appointment.