Everyone dreams of having toned and strong arms. The best way to achieve this is through resistance training, which has been proven to improve one’s upper body strength. Resistance training refers to a training method of using your own body weight, or adding weights in the form of kettlebells or dumbells, to achieve the desired effects.
For starters, we would like to point out that you cannot expect results without hard work. Giving up because you cannot find the time or motivation is something that separates the winners from the losers. If you want to shape your arms perfectly, then we are here to tell you how. But actually achieving this solely remains on your shoulders.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Lateral Raise (Side Raise)
Lateral raise is one of the best arm exercises because it involves all the muscles in your arms to do it. To perform this exercise you would need to:
- Stand on your feet, with your knees slightly bent, and grab a dumbbell, or weights, in each hand.
- Set your arms by your side, and start raising them out to the sides until the weights are leveled with your shoulders.
- Lower your arms again to the starting position, and then go again. Repeat this exercise 10 to 15 times.
Fat freezing is a very popular and non-invasive procedure that eliminates fat altogether. Fat freezing is FDA approved and even regarded as safer than liposuction.
According to Isavera, fat freezing can be done in multiple body locations. And one of those locations in the arms. Fat freezing can be done straight from the comfort of your home, and all it requires is for you to find the time for it.
Another popular name for fat freezing is CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting is best done while exercising and you can even do it while performing some of the exercises we’ve mentioned on our list. While your body heats up during exercising, a belt containing special packs is used to effectively “cool off” the area where the belt is applied (such as the arms).
The cold from these packs cools your body to the point where your metabolism uses more energy in the form of fat to maintain normal body temperature. What this does is effective burn fat, while exercising. To put it in simple terms, CoolSculpting freezes fat and gives you the desired effects.
Everyone is familiar with this exercise as chances are you’ve probably done it at least once during gym class. Push-ups are excellent for your shoulders and pectorals, and we perform this exercise by:
- Lay on the floor with your belly facing it and spread your feet 20 cm apart from each other.
- Place your palms firmly on the ground slightly wider than the usual shoulder-width.
- Maintain a straight body from head to toes and start lifting yourself from the floor with your arms until they are fully extended.
- Once you’ve pushed-up, you should push-down by slightly bending your arms at the elbows before stopping roughly 15 cm from the ground.
- Make sure to keep a straight body throughout the process.
- Perform 10 push-ups in a three-series session.