Do you have a cool Instagram account but lack the following that justifies it? Instagram followers can be considered the “currency” of the social media platform. The more followers, the more people you influence. The more people you influence, the bigger the chance you can attract advertisers or even start your own thing. So you can understand how important it is for an influencer to have a large audience.
On the other hand, Instagram likes are the connection between your business or brand and your new follower. Instagram likes to make it easier for people to judge the legitimacy of your brand. The more likes your posts have, the more credible your brand becomes. So think of likes as a long-term marketing strategy that maintains your status, and just like gaining followers there is a process behind how to attract likes.
In this article, we are going to point out various methods for getting Instagram likes. These methods have been proven to work effectively and immediately, so sit back and take notes.
1. Share High-Quality Photos and Videos
The nature of Instagram is to be a photo-sharing media where people judge you based on the quality of content. Since the content, in this case, are photos and videos the first thing to do to gain more likes is to share high-quality content. Check out this app called Instasize, a content creation kit to help you achieve high-quality content.
There has been a lot of research done in recent times on what actually brings the most likes to a post, and here are the results of that research:
- Sharing an image of a face brings you a 40% chance that an interaction results in alike
- Pictures that have the color blue as the dominant color have a 25% chance of gaining a new like
- Using Instagram editing tools to perfect your filters increases your chance of gaining new likes by 30%
2. Hashtags Help
Everyone knows what a hashtag does. But for those who don’t, it’s the best way to promote your new and awesome content, says Manager Gram. Hashtags can be included in each and every one of your posts. Various experts debate on the topic of quantity over quality, but most experts agree on the following things.
- If you’re going to use hashtags, use relevant ones, otherwise, people will simply select the “Don’t Show For This Hashtag” option
- Some experts say up to 3, some suggest using all available 30 per post. If you’re going to use 30, then post them as a comment.
- Try to avoid using the same hashtag list for every post; change this up a little. Learn more now.
The hashtag #like4like is very popular, so if you’re new you can definitely use that one in the beginning.
3. Good Captions
Sometimes a post can go viral simply because of the caption. Most influencers go down to the road of writing captions with TLC (tell your story). Since there is no character limit, you can go long or go short, the choice is yours.
On the topic of what to include in the caption, here are a few things to consider:
- Make the reader lean in by asking a question; this also sounds less promotional
- Use humor to relax the person reading
- Mention your followers and how cool they are; they will certainly appreciate it