Home designing has come a long way from what it used to be. Brick and wooden materials still play a vital role but glass is something that is now being incorporated greatly too. There are a number of factors that make glass panels and sheets perfect for modern homes.
Traditionally, when you talked about glass, the first thing that came to mind was fragility. This is no longer the case with so much development in glass manufacturing. Now you have sheets of it that are much stronger than many other materials.
The glass looks elegant in homes as well. When done right, your glass windows and doors also allow maximized daylight usage as well. Benefits of glass in modern homes are great. When talking about its safety aspects, here are some general questions that can answer your queries:
What Are the Most Durable Types of Glass?
The glass comes in many different types and styles. Some are more durable and stronger than others. When installing your glass windows, doors or panels at any other locations, you need to select the right types. Which one you choose can have a huge impact on how long it will last.
Here are some of the strongest most durable types of glass you should consider:
- Hurricane Window Glass – This is arguably the strongest type of it and is formed by merging more than one layers of glass together. It is also sometimes referred to as a type of laminated glass and can withstand high wind pressures easily.
- Laminated Glass – By sandwiching more than one sheets together and joining them with resins, laminated glass sheets are some of the strongest available. Overall clarity and finish are maintained making for a very elegant design.
- Tempered Glass – Thermal tempering while manufacturing of these sheets makes them some of the most durable. The good thing about these is also that they are very thin and light in weight as well. Often preferred in modern buildings for windows or doors, these sheets are some of the most popular.
Where Can You Install Glass Sheets and Panels?
By installation type, there are many different types of glass panels available. Different ones suit different installation locations in modern homes. You need to choose the right types for right locations in your homes enabling them to last long.
- Laminated Glass often suits windows and doors best or any other outside fittings.
- Tempered glass sheets are perfect for windows, doors and also shower enclosures. These are strengthened sheets that can last long while looking good as new for shower doors as well.
- Tinted and colored glass often suit indoor fittings best and are almost as strong as any other types. Internal coloring and tinting make these look elegant while last long as well.
- Rained glass, art glass, and many other fancy types can look good on any indoor spots like shower doors, kitchen partitions, etc.
- Hurricane glass suits window perfectly for areas where you get a lot of storms and strong winds.
Are There Any Modern Stylish Glass Types?
Quite simply, yes. You now have so many different types of glass to choose from that literally all kinds of interiors can benefit greatly. The simple and old looking glass is a thing of the past. Today, modern types of it are available at affordable prices as well.
You can potentially get any color or tints for glass to be installed at any locations. Artistic designs are also available with inside layer finishes that look awesome. Frosted glass is also a modern innovation available with its quality finish. Many other types are available when you buy it from the right supplier.
Do Stylish Glass Types Offer the Same Durability?
Depending on where you buy it from, yes. Stylish glass types also offer similar durability to some of the other types. Essentially, all the styling and coloring goes on inside the glass or sometimes also on top of it. Yet, no styling tends to disrupt glass finishes and durability at all.
Try searching for Glass Shop Near Me and be sure to visit them if possible. Online brands and sellers also offer quite hefty discounts on various types as well. Choose the best one for your interiors and they will last you a long time.
Can Glass Withstand Stormy Winds and Pressures?
For the many places in the world where storms reign supreme, using woods or bricks is not the only option today. With technology, types of glass have improved dramatically. Now you have hurricane glass that is tested to withstand the biggest of storms.
These kinds of sheets and panels can be used for any outdoor places as well. Essentially, you can have full glass rooms and sides of your house that will last through most storms as well. At the end of the day, all you need to do is to get the right type of it. Looks, durability, and finish, it’s got all that you need.